Friday, January 20, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

The first item on my long "To Do" list was to have a bedroom haven.  Here is my bedroom to my new house:
I thought the bedroom was a decent size with 2 deep closets 2 windows with bright light and a light fixture I didn't have to change (unless I get a ceiling fan).
Although blue isn't my favorite color I painted the walls a grey-blue and stained the floors darker to blend in with the dark furniture and here is what it looks like now
King size nickel-finished bed frame.
This piece wouldn't fit in my old bedroom.  Turns out I don't need it because I have enough closet space.  The other side has a full length mirror though and it fits perfectly in that spot!
I rarely make my bed but I have to admit it does make the room neater.
2 closets! It's not a walk-in but two is good enough to fit all my clothes (winter clothes anyway).
It still needs a couple of pictures on the wall but I don't think much else.  I am very happy that the room fits my new king-size bed comfortably without looking cluttered. If I can do a cartwheel from the door to my bed that is my test for no clutter.   I got the headboard/frame from Overstock.  I was really looking for a queen-size (I've slept on a full-size all my life) but they only had King size. A king-size bed is like sleeping on your own island and I love it!  
Now I'm off to tackle the office or the "kids" room.


0 comments:

Post a Comment