Saturday, October 15, 2011

Clueless


So I'm not an expert in anything.  I'm single with no kids and I'm embarking several firsts.  This personal journal is to hopefully get enough readers to give me suggestions on home ownership, caring for kids and  home decorating.  I will also be peppering my post with my extreme coupon shopping trips and anything I successfully (or unsuccessfully) made from my new favorite site Pinerest.
Right now I watch every home show on cable to prepare myself:
My First Place - follows first time home buyers from their search to the first few weeks in their new home.  Lots of good information but I think I encountered all the hurdles combined trying to get my house and we are going into month 4 and I still haven't closed.
House Hunters - They never choose the house you think they're leaning towards.

Property Brothers - Why can't I find a contractor and realtor that are cute, show up and know what they are doing?

Yard Crashers, Bathroom Crasher, Room Crashers - They always seem to have difficulty finding someone to makeover their house.  ***FYI - I will be the one at the Westbury Lowes Friday and Saturday morning in the paint isle with a confused look (and a neon sign saying "Crash my house!".)***
Oh, and I feel a pattern coming on.....all the contractor happen to be young strapping fine male specimens without muffin tops or butt crack issues.
Holmes Home Inspection - This guy knows his stuff!  It's a little unsettling that there are so many inspectors and contractors out there (licensed no less) that miss so many issues and do such shotty work.  The house I'm purchasing is over 70 years old and it's a little unsettling to not know what potential disaster may be lurking beyond the sheet rock.  My inspector misdiagnosed 2 things and had me in a panic only to find out by an electrician and a HUD inspector that it was nothing (that's another story).
What's your favorite Home Improvement show?

0 comments:

Post a Comment